Welcome to Dating Reviews
JDate Review (JDate.com) for Jewish Dating
Since it entered the scene in 1997, JDate.com has been the premier online dating community for Jewish singles. Boasting hundreds of thousands of members and a near-perfect 50-50 male-to-female ratio, JDate is an ideal place to find friendship, romance, and more.
JDate averages over 10,000 members online at any one time from all around the world. JDate’s members are a diverse group of people, but the majority are located in major metropolitan areas (like New York, L.A., Miami and Chicago), well-educated, and upwardly mobile. Their religious and ethnic backgrounds are varied, from Hassidic to Modern Orthodox to Ashkenazi and Sephardic. While some JDate.com members keep kosher and regularly attend temple, others do not. What they do have in common is a desire to make new friends, form romantic relationships or find their Beshert.
JDate has been building the Jewish community for more than two decades, so it’s no surprise that it seems like everyone knows someone who fell in love on the site. To accomplish its mission of strengthening the Jewish community and sustaining Jewish traditions, JDate encourages members to engage both online and off using its fully-featured website, dating apps (iOS and Android) and in-person events.
Creating a profile on JDate.com and the phone apps is free and it is also free to flirt. A paid subscription is required though to message with other members. Paid members can also send instant messages.
The JDate profile covers all the topics you would expect on an online dating site, with the addition of a few questions about religious background and synagogue attendance. After answering the first round of questions, new members can provide more detailed personal information if they like. This helps make matching more accurate when browsing other JDate profiles.
JDate offers many opportunities to find and connect with potential matches. Under the “Matches” tab, members will find a list of compatible users chosen by the site. You can also browse for new members, online members, and members based on distance from you. Searches can be performed by most aspects of the profile by modifing your Discovery Preferences. When browsing a photo gallery of available users is shown along with a short summary of their profile information. You can also check out your Activities Lists to find out which members have viewed you, flirted with you, emailed you, favorited you, and more.
When someone piques your curiosity, there are multiple ways to start a conversation. Send a message or click the wink emoji to send a “Flirt” (also called a Like) when you’re ready to make a connection. If you’re looking for a low-key, low-risk way to indicate your interest, use the Flirt. This lets JDate know what you think of a match – if you both Like each other JDate makes an introduction by sending each of you a message. It’s a fun and easy way to break the ice.
JDate makes a sincere effort to connect members offline just as well as it does online. The site organizes travel adventures and speed dating parties, as well as events like cocktail parties, classes, wine tastings, and outdoor activities. Members are also encouraged to connect in chat rooms, message boards, and through the online JMag. A synagogue directory can be found on the site for subscribers looking for a local, more social experience.
If you’re looking to make connections, find friends, and fall in love within the faith, JDate is the #1 destination for Jewish men and women.
- To view JDates latest sales and deals for Jewish singles please check out the JDate Coupons page
Positives of JDate
- Highest number of Jewish singles of any dating site and dating app
- Strong community where members actually participate. See upcoming events not only to meet singles but to give back to the community through charity events hosted by members (i.e. New York Jewish Environmental Bike Ride)
- Large number of Jewish members with the gender demographics almost split down the middle (males represent 47% and females 53% as of August 2012 according to Quantcast)
- New features are added on a regular basis
Negatives of JDate
- Many non-Jewish members join the site, which may present a challenge for members who are only looking to date someone who shares their faith
- Free members can only message members who have subscribed to Message+
At a Glance
- United States, Canada, United Kingdom, International
- English, French, Other
- Member Numbers:
- Cost per Month:
- From $19.99 / month
- Membership Types:
- Free - Basic
Average User Reviews & Ratings
Related Posts & Pages
- JDate Review (JDate.com) for Jew...
- JDate Information, Statistics, F...
- The New JDate Website and Dating...
- Spark Networks Information, Stat...
- Spark Networks And EliteSingles ...
- Quantcast Map Reveals The Most S...
- Christian Mingle and JDate Valen...
- JDate Membership Sale - Jan 2017
- JDate Coupons
- JDate And ChristianMingle Are Ge...
JDate Free Membership
- Create a profile
- Tell us About You
- Height, Religion, Occupation, Have Kids, Want Kids, Level of Education, College (Via Facebook)
- Reform, Conservative, Orthodox (Frum), Orthodox (Baal Teshuva), Modern Orthodox, Traditional, Conservadox, Reconstructionist, Culturally Jewish, Willing to convert, and Other
- Profile Summary
- Tell us about you and what you are looking for. A short personal essay
- Pick one or more interests based on the following topics: Sports and Fitness, Activities, Arts and Entertainment (Movies, TV, and Books), Music, and Eats and Drinks
- Includes Level of Education, Kosher, Synagogue Attendance, Smoking & Drinking Habits, Have Kids, Want Kids, Willingness to Relocate, Marital Status (Never Married, Divorced, Legally Separated, Widowed), Grew up In (location), Ethnicity, Language, Pets, and Preferred First Date (Coffee or Tea, Drinks, Walk or Hike, Meal, Be Surprised, and Other)
- Who are you looking for (also called Discovery Preferences)
- Gender, Age Range, Distance, Your Location, Religion, Type (Friend, Dating, Long Term Relationship, marriage, Marriage & Kids)
- Advanced Preferences Includes Level of Education, Kosher, Synagogue Attendance, Smoking & Drinking Habits, Have Kids, Want Kids, Willingness to Relocate, Marital Status (Never Married, Divorced, Legally sparated, Widowed)
- Used when browsing profiles
- Tell us About You
- Add photos from your computer, phone, or Facebook (1 is required)
- Browsing and viewing profiles
- See who is online and new members
- Find members who are near your location
- Activity lists
- A quick, fun way to let someone know you're interested. The member receives the Flirt in his or her onsite inbox and then can go to your profile and Flirt back with you. You can send up to 30 Flirts per day, but each member can only be Flirted with once
- Show/hide settings
- Allows you to set what information from your profile you want visible to other singles
- Create a profile
- Not included:
- Cannot use some communication tools and send messages
Relationship Types Allowed
Your Relationship Status
Relationships You can Look For
- Activity Partner
- Prices last confirmed August 4, 2017. Please check JDate for most recent pricing
- Pay online via credit card or bitcoin
- Two paid membership types: Basic and Premium
- Basic membership called "Messaging" includes:
- Send & receive messages with other paid subscribers
- Receive read receipts. See if and when other users have read your messages
- Profile Display Controls which allows you to hide your online status and profile from Browse & Matches
- Anonymously browse user profiles (doesn't trigger a profile view)
- Instant messaging
- Costs in US dollars:
- One month for $39.99
- Three months for $89.97, with a renewal rate of $29.99 per month
- Six months for $119.94 with a renewal rate of $19.99 per month
- Premium membership called "Messaging+" includes:
- Premium plans also include all of the basic plan features
- Send messages that can be read and replied to by all members, regardless of their subscription status
- A badge on your profile highlighting your Messaging+ status. This will make your profile stand out to all who see it and let everyone know that you can read and respond to their messages whether they have a paid subscription, or not.
- Costs in US dollars:
- One month for $59.99
- Three months for $134.97, with a renewal rate of $44.99 per month
- Six months for $179.94 with a renewal rate of $29.99 per month
- A $3.99 one-time processing fee is added to all first time subscription purchases
JDate Viewing & Communication Tools
- Must agree to Important Notice about messaging
- "I promise to never send money, ask others for money or share financial information with anyone I meet on Jdate. In addition, I pledge to report anyone who asks me for money or my financial information."
- Email and chat features are combined into one streamlined messaging tool that includes read receipts and photo sharing
- Send and receive mail messages and instant messages
- See who has sent you flirts
- See the flirts you have sent
- Must agree to Important Notice about messaging
- Mobile app
- Available on iOS and Android
Search For Members By
- Profile Browsing
- When you browse through profiles you’ll experience an engaging, contemporary interface designed to uncover key profile details more quickly
- Profile summary in browsing includes main photo, Match %, screen name, location, age, and height
- Find New Members, Online Members, members based on your Match %, and LookBook (see below for more info)
- Profile Browsing is based on what you are seeking called "Discovery Preferences" that you setup when you created your profile (gender, age range, relationship type, etc...). This can be changed easily while browsing to expand or refine your search results (including Advanced Preferences)
- A list of Mutual Matches where both you and the other Jdate member have liked each other
- Jdate only alerts the other member if you both like each other, it’s a great way to see if there is interest before sending a message
- Activity Lists
- Find out who has viewed you and who you have viewed
- See who you have liked, and "Mutual Likes" (who has liked you as long as you have liked them)
- JDate Offline
- Includes a list of Jewish speed dating events in your area
- Any upcoming JDate-sponsored travel adventures (trips, cruises, etc.)
- A list of special events hosted by JDate members in your area
Other JDate Information
- Customer care staff is available 24 hours a day by email or chat to answer any of your questions
- Jlife is an online magazine with articles relating to dating and the Jewish culture
- Specialized events are arranged for members who enjoy meeting singles in an exciting atmosphere
- "Giving Back Events" - JDate and its members strongly believe in the concept of tikkun olam (repairing the world) and working together to make a positive difference in the community by volunteering with non-profit organizations and supporting Jewish cultural programs and causes
- This site is part of the Spark Network
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our information at webtains.us we shall not be held responsible for any discrepancy. There is a possibility that the information provided here is outdated or wrong, please check with the service directly for the most recent information. As always you should read your terms of service before purchasing a product and/or signing up to any online service. webtains.us may receive a portion of revenue if you click a link in this page and buy a product or service.
webtains.us is a resource for online dating which includes reviews for related apps and sites. We provide this service for free and instead choose to generate the income for the business from advertising and affiliate programs. We may receive advertising compensation from the sites listed on this page if you click a link and buy a product or service.