Welcome to Dating Reviews
“Things change when women are in control,” Bumble boldly boasts. The brainchild of Tinder co-founder Whitney Wolfe, Bumble was born out of a desire to reinvent the antiquated rules of dating and empower women to control the conversation in both their personal and professional lives.
Wolfe's mission was to create an app grounded in positivity and encouragement, where aggression and bullying have no place, and actions are guided by kindness. Her first move was to shake up traditional dating norms by requiring female Bumble users to make the first move. As a result, Bumble has unusually low reports of harassment and abuse, as well as the highest post-match chat rate in the industry.
Bumble has set unprecedented standards for respectful behavior to ensure all users feel safe, including banning shirtless bathroom mirror selfies (seemingly a staple of all dating apps) and implementing photo verification to ensure users are who they claim to be. Bumble also attacked the problem of ghosting head-on by implementing time limits on communication.
In heterosexual matches, the woman has 24 hours to make the first move and the man has 24 hours to respond or the connection disappears forever. In same sex matches, either person has 24 hours to make the first move and 24 hours to respond before the connection expires. Once a message has been sent, there is no expiration date for a conversation. These time restrictions encourage users to take action and take their connections to the next level, solving the online dating problem of matches that go nowhere.
Most of Bumble's functionality is free to use. To get started, sign up with your Facebook account, upload additional photos, edit your profile, and set your search filter parameters. Tap the hive icon in the app to begin matching. Swipe up and down to see more photos, and left or right to say yes or no. If a mutual match is made, a conversation may be initiated. Tap the chat box icon to view your match queue and current conversations. If you see someone who would be perfect for a friend, long press their photo or open up their profile and tap “Send to a Friend” to play matchmaker.
In August 2016, Bumble announced the launch of its paid service, Bumble Boost, which includes three premium features. The Beeline allows a user to see who has already liked them. Rematch offers a second shot with expired matches. Busy Bee add an extension of 24 additional hours to a match.
Though Bumble began as a dating app, it has has evolved to encompass relationships of all kinds. The company hopes to become a destination where singles meet their significant others – as well as their best friends and their most important business partners. Bumble launched Bumble BFF to connect people with new friends around their city, and has plans to launch Bumble Bizz for business networking.
In their own words:
We’re about creating an empowering, safe place for modern society to meet the important people in their lives. We’re making digital relationships personal again. We see Bumble as a movement, bringing kindness and respect back into introductions and promoting equality in traditionally male-dominated relationships. We expect our team and our partners to epitomize our core values, and we’re dedicated to building a worldwide community on this foundation.
But don't just take their word for it. The company has the stats to back up its big claims.
Bumble has amassed over 12 million registered users. Over 1.9 billion messages have been sent and more than 950 million matches have been made. Women make the first move one million times each day. To date, more than 5,000 engagements and weddings have started on Bumble.
Not bad for just 2.5 years in business. We expect big things to come from Bumble.
Positives of Bumble
- Facebook integration makes it fast and easy to sign up, and ensures that information is genuine and reliable
- The app's complete functionality is available for free; additional “boost” features may be purchased for weekly or monthly fees
- Bumble's disappearing connections encourage users to take action quickly, and the female-first approach is a refreshing shake-up to traditional dating
Negatives of Bumble
- Potential matches are only shown by the app; users cannot search for matches themselves
- Though Bumble's simple profiles make for quick viewing, they don't delve into the deeper subject matter found on many other dating services
- Search filters for matches are limited
At a Glance
- United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, Ireland, International
- Member Numbers:
- Cost per Month:
- Free to $7.99 / month
- Membership Types:
- Free - Basic + Contact
Average User Reviews & Ratings
Related Posts & Pages
- Bumble Information, Statistics, ...
- Bumble Is Banning Profile Pictur...
- Tinder To Adopt Bumble-Style ‘La...
- Match Aims to Make Online Dating...
- Bumble Review
- Bumble Makes Dating Profiles Mor...
- Studies Show January is the Best...
- Bumble’s Growth Into a Billion-D...
- Will Match Group Acquire Bumble ...
Bumble Free Membership
- Free memberships are available
- App available for iOS and Android
- Create a Profile
- Connect with Facebook
- Log into your Facebook account to sign up
- Bumble will receive your public profile (required), friend list, email address, birthday, relationships, work history, education history, photos, and likes
- Can edit permissions to restrict access
- The app will not post to your Facebook profile
- Enable your phone's location services
- Edit your profile
- About Me
- Only 300 characters allowed
- Upload photos
- Add up to 6 pictures to your profile
- Import from Facebook or your phone's library, or take a new picture
- Swipe left/right to add filters to profile photos
- Hold and drag photos to change their order
- Connect Spotify account
- Your top artists, selected based on your streams, will be added to your profile
- Manage settings
- Toggle public profile on and off
- Preferred distance
- Preferred age range
- Men, women, everyone, BFF
- Toggle push notifications on and off
- Connect with Facebook
- Not included:
- See who's already liked you
- Rematch with expired matches
- Get unlimited Extends
Relationship Types Allowed
Your Relationship Status
Relationships You can Look For
- Prices last confirmed June 16, 2017. Please check Bumble for most recent pricing
- Access to all of Bumble's primary functionality is free, however, some additional “boost features” require a paid subscription
- The Beeline (see who's already liked you)
- Rematch (rematch with expired matches)
- Busy Bee (add 24 hours to a match)
- 1 week for $2.99 per week
- 1 month for $7.99 per month (save 37%)
- 3 months for $5.00 per month (save 61%)
- 6 months for $4.17 per month (save 67%)
- Subscriptions are purchased directly within the app
- Bumble Coins
- Used to pay for enhanced features like the SuperSwipe
- 1 coin cost $1.99
- 20 coins cost $24.99
- Enhanced Features
- Costs 1 Bumble Coin
- Allows you to show extra interest in someone
Bumble Viewing & Communication Tools
- Includes Instagram integration allowing members to scroll through each other’s photo feeds. This feature is for Bumble Date and Bumble BFF only. For more on this see Bumble Adds Instagram Integration
- Mail Messages
- A conversation can only begin if users mutually swipe right on each other
- Female users must initiate conversations with male users – if they don't start chatting within 24 hours, the match disappears forever
- Male users cannot initiate conversations with female users – they may show interest by extending one match per day to remain in queue for an additional 24 hours
- In same-sex or friend connections, either person has to make a move within 24 hours before that connection disappears
Search For Members By
- Users may not conduct their own searches – Bumble presents one match at a time and users must swipe right/left before seeing a new match
- Change preferences in app settings
- Filter matches by gender, age, and location
- Shake your phone to Backtrack on your last decision if you accidentally swipe left
- Only allowed 3 Backtracks
- Each used Backtrack is restored after 3 hours
- Allows you to call attention to someone who you are really interested in by clicking a heart on the chosen profile before swiping right and hoping for a match. Requires a Bumble coin to use
- For more information see: Dating app Bumble Adds Super Swipes to the Menu
Other Bumble Information
- Bumble is majority-owned by Badoo
- According to the New York Times, as of March 2017, Bumble had more than 800 million matches and 10 billion swipes per month and is the second most popular Lifestyle app in the App Store
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our information at webtains.us we shall not be held responsible for any discrepancy. There is a possibility that the information provided here is outdated or wrong, please check with the service directly for the most recent information. As always you should read your terms of service before purchasing a product and/or signing up to any online service. webtains.us may receive a portion of revenue if you click a link in this page and buy a product or service.
- Create a Profile
webtains.us is a resource for online dating which includes reviews for related apps and sites. We provide this service for free and instead choose to generate the income for the business from advertising and affiliate programs. We may receive advertising compensation from the sites listed on this page if you click a link and buy a product or service.